Friday, August 13, 2010

Still On-line...

Well family how have you all been?
I am doing well, no more bummer emails to you all... sorry about that I lost it for a bit... Thank God for MEDS!!! and Dr. Phil on speed dial... I am the modern woman...LOL

So anyhoo..
We had a great mini-reunion in Farmington N.M. at Karen's house her husband Doug and her granddaughters were perfect hosts! As you saw from my postings to Facebook and the blog the eat'in was good. Karen and I had cooking lessons from Dad, the mans still got it! Most people think he only makes hot food, nope the chili was so flavorful with just a slight bite, just enough to tell you your not eating red gravy. It was great to see Laura and her daughter... I had only seen pictures of her kids and they were little! Then I see this young girl fly into Karen's drive way after the dust cleared I saw Laura sitting beside her with a blind fold and a smile. haa haa just kidding she did a wonderful job driving and Laura was only half way wearing a blind fold. (wink) Aunt Marge was there and Teresa, Traci's daughter with 'her' baby daughter she is a little doll! It was quite the estrogen moment all I can say is Doug and Dad are brave men!
On my way back to Utah from Dad's I took a swing my Aunt Bertha's, that was no easy task cause I only vaguely remember how to get there but I found it. Guess was there Donna and Charles, I stopped for a minute... well and hour and chatted it was so nice... Charles did a wonderful job polishing up the bathroom, Donna had him working... another nice guy.
Oh, there was a 90th (?) birthday party for Aunt Louise July 4th as well, I saw pictures she looked beautiful as aways, I stole a few pictures from Leroy (Marty) of the festivities everyone looked wonderful and it was a good turn out I heard.
Speaking of nice, I had a great dinner at Uncle Al's and Aunt Julia's, Aunt Clara, and Priscilla were in the vicinity I heard they were eating so I casually dropped by (wink). No they invited me, the cost was a small stack of fresh tortillas which I made. Dinner was fantastic and the conversation was even better! I heard Cathy was into her new house and it was beautiful... hint hint Cathy pictures are now needed. Vince is a grandpa again, Elena his youngest daughter and her husband Chris welcomed a little one, so yeah another cousin!!!! (place picture here) hint... Oh earlier this year I finally saw Tim's boys perform, they are very talented, I saw their last concert the oldest was graduating and headed off to follow in his father footsteps to fight fires. The younger boy has been in the paper a few times recently he is in another band that won 'Battle of the Bands' or something and they get to cut a CD in a recording studio or something. His pic (well and the rest of the band as well) was in last Sundays life section, it was cool, I was so proud.
I was in St. Louis last week for work and stayed the weekend with Marty (Leroy) it was such a nice time. I had a nice visit with their kids Christy, Matt and Mandy... I also got to spend time with Lauren Christy's daughter she is a great kid :0) Marty and I did a photo shoot of the classic cars he restores... BEAUTIFUL!
I am off to Austin TX next week, guess who is there... Brian and Lisa, Nicole's brother and sis, Junior's oldest... I haven't seen them since late to mid-70's... I wonder if we have all changed much??? NAW!

Well, I guess I have rattled on enough. I hope one of you guys would reply and give more updates on your family's activities and maybe share pictures?? NAW! LOL
I will post pictures later I just noticed the time :0( I have to work tomorrow. If any of you have a facebook account there is a bunch of us on there... lets keep in touch
Love you all,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment