| The crazy Tday! My fondest memories of this day are heading over to Uncle Al's or them to our house. Long Tables and more food than we could all ever eat. Stealing olives one on each finger and heading out to cause some trouble with Tim (Timmy) in those days! snicker snicker I have heard multiple stories in day prior to my fabulous existence (hee hee) the holiday was spent at Uncle Richards and Aunt Mary's, I have seen photo documentation that included Uncle Cecil and Aunt Dolores, not sure it they attend the meal or just stopped by later. No offense but I have recently been to Aunt Mary's house... how did they ever fit everyone in there! Maybe it was like mom said, Where there is love there is always room. My last memory of Uncle Al's when he lived on 26th was when mom decided to make these mini-onion things as an appetizer, let me tell you they were as easy as olives to steal, they did not go on your fingers as easily (slightly messy) and... ya take a bite of an onion and you will get the picture of what those puppies tasted like...eewwee... Mike's wife Murriell had made their daughter Shephanie a Holly Hobby outfit for the day, the bonnet was very fitting I thought after all we were celebrating pilgrims the chicka's wore bonnets. I myself was sporting a one piece jumpsuit thing mom made, yes it looked like what old men wear to the hardware store now but in its day it was rad! It was light blue with the american flag patch and other stuff patriotic on it. I loved that thing! Long straight hair like the bionic woman... there was no stopping this 70's girl! Ya so not my favorite pictures and no you will never see them posted on Facebook! We took pictures on the front porch, of the Men/boys and women/girls not sure if there was one of the whole gang. We have some of mom being lifted in a chair on my brothers shoulders. Good times... Uncle Matt and Aunt Louise joined us one year when we were in west ogden. No offense to anyone but my mom made the best stuffing! That year sweet Aunt Louise made it. Ya it was me that said,'Hey why does this taste funny!' Mom sweetly said,' Aunt Louise made it, isn't it yummy?" Aunt Louise was luckly sitting 2 seats away from me and couldn't graciously smack me on the head, she smiled and I smiled shaking my head, umm.. yummy! goodness I could go on for hours and I am sure you all believe that. I hope you all have a wonderful day! Love you all! With this large of group we may consider blogging. Its not as hard as it sounds...It would be no more than writting an email to ae.pheebz.gar-med@blogger.com give it a try. Here is the link.. http://gar-med.blogspot.com/ I have started one that we could look at next year. I have added John and Mandy's as well as Patrik's blog and links to the old pictures and mom's pictures from her memorial. Take a look when you want to. Love , Anne |
Just like that life changes!
-
John fell at the first of September and hurt his back. After a few days of
not feeling better we started down a long path to learn that it was
broken. Th...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment